Thursday, February 27, 2014

First and foremost, I am a maritimer with a dream, a dream to turn a reasonable one thousand canadian dollars into something much larger, lets say ten thousand, even one hundred thousand. Now, do I expect it to be so simple or so easy, not a chance as that would leave me vulnerable to the hands of the sports book as it looks to also make a pay day. Will the magnitude of a sports book eventually end in failure, possible indeed.

Now that you have a glimpse into my plans of trying to fight the brutal number packed, no day off world of sports betting. I know there are many strategies some people use, some are heavy on the statistics and past play, others are more in the moment based on injuries and the teams current form. Either way it is a very result based business, you win or you lose, either your bankroll will dwindle to nothing or it with reach my set goals. 

A little about myself and why I am doing this is fairly simple, I am 24, unemployed and have an entrepreneurial spirit. Now I am fortunate that being unemployed at the moment I am able to set aside this money to try something that for most will fail with time, and I may very well join that group. I have bet on sports in the past and am fairly knowledgeable about most common professional sports, however I have never bet and ultimately succeeded. As a hobby that may be true, but I am dedicated to prove that it can be a profitable short term employment opportunity.

A game is fairly simple, two teams with a winner and a loser or in sports betting terms the money line, with variable spreads and totals a sports book is in the business of taking your money, not creating spread lines. A spread is simply a gage of the median of the sports better in each given game, add in the juice and the sports book makes money assuming it has equal sum on each side of the spread.

With this I see opportunity. I see it as an opportunity to take advantage of the greater publics naiveness when it comes to betting sports. Essentially being smarter than the average picker and using that advantage to profit on the sports books. 



No comments:

Post a Comment