Monday, March 3, 2014

I apologize, I promised picks this morning and I failed to deliver. I did have a couple picks I made myself which ended in a small loss on the night. I had taken St. Louis ML at 1.80 and the under at 1.83 and St. Louis made a desperate third period effort to win the game 4-2 scoring in the last two minutes of the game sending this one over. Although I would of preferred that win of $300.00 I did profit on my smaller wager of St Louis -1.5 which luckily came back to win to help cover the damage of the loss.

Anyways lets get into some picks for today.

Dallas 1.71 in Regulation vs Buffalo

Alright in general I am not a huge fan of regulation bets, I believe so many games are much closer than a spread indicates and a hot goalie can make any game close and many needing extra time or even a shootout to decide a winner. Now you may ask why I bet -1.5 if I don't bet regulation as essentially it is the same thing just by two goals. The reason being is I am a complete believer in the empty netter goals and in games I usually believe end in regulation I like the odds of them already being up by a couple or having the wide opportunity of an empty net to give us a two goal profit. As for this Dallas game, I believe Dallas is heating up and lost to Tampa Bay because of a hot goalie in Bishop stopping 40 of 42 shots, Dallas giving up half of that in shots but ultimately losing. Buffalo is in a scramble, they have won every game since the olympic break, traded away star Ryan Miller and one of Buffalos better players in Ott, are looking at trades for Halak and Stewart who have yet to even wear the jersey and it appears Halak never will with Enroth getting the start. He has played well with all this but his team is incredibly weak right now and if Miller struggled Enroth is bound to get back to his losing ways as Buffalo loses its edge on the road and a much stronger and more skilled team takes care of the win on home ice easily. With the -1.5 line being only 2.30, I would rather buy the goal and bet them to just win in case Enroth keeps up his strong play and keep Buffalo close but ultimately still losing in regulation. It is almost like every player in Buffalo is putting on a top performance to try and get interest for a trade out of the city and the current team but I there is no way I see that continuing. If Dallas stands a chance in the Western Conference this game should be a routine victory for Dallas.

Minnesota 1.91 in Regulation vs Calgary

Again... I really don't like the odds of 2.50 on the -1.5 line, I mainly look for a line closer to or above 3.00 for it to be profitable. Much like the other pick Calgary is also at the very bottom of the standings but have also been playing much better of late. Minnesota has also been playing strong and at home I don't doubt they should take care of Calgary in regulation. The ML just has no value for me in this game as I do feel Minnesota should win easily but with the play of Calgary I will once again buy the goal just in case it is closer than I think. As Minnesota is 21-8 as a favourite meaning they win most of the games they are expected to win I feel confident that they can do it as a 21-7-2 home team against a Calgary team most would expect Minnesota to outplay even if it is a low scoring affair. I do however prefer the over 5 goals in this game compared to any of the other games on the night. I think it provides the most value as the last 4 games have reached that or more and as Minnesota is still hunting down a goalie and Calgary always seems to find a way to score a couple I would take my chance with the over, its not the strongest bet and therefore I am not including it as a pick but I do think it has value with it being at 5 and paying out 1.87.      Look at the Toronto vs Columbus game which pays out only 1.80 for over 5.5, yes it could happen, but I am not going to risk my money that it doesn't end up 2-2 in the third for 1.80.

Those will be the picks of the day, if you have any comments or are looking for advice on a certain game feel free to comment and discuss.




No comments:

Post a Comment